How Do You Spell 23RD?
Correct spelling for the English word "23rd" is [twˈɛntɪθˈɜːd], [twˈɛntɪθˈɜːd], [t_w_ˈɛ_n_t_ɪ_θ_ˈɜː_d]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for 23RD
- With these two men and Meynet I made another start on the 23rd of July - "The Ascent of the Matterhorn" by Edward Whymper
- It won't pay to run empty trains on the line unnecessarily therefore the superintendent has his eye on it and writes April 23rd - "The Iron Horse" by R.M. Ballantyne
- By Cook's influence he was in 1781 promoted lieutenant and later through the influence of Sir Joseph Banks was given the command of the Bounty which sailed from Spithead on December 23rd 1787 for Tahiti - "The Naval Pioneers of Australia" by Louis Becke and Walter Jeffery
- On the 23rd conditions of peace were signed by Ruffo on behalf of the King of Naples and by the representatives of Great Britain and of Russia in guarantee for their faithful execution - "History of Modern Europe 1792-1878" by C. A. Fyffe
- On Sunday morning 23rd December he reluctantly gave orders that they should be abandoned on the following day and the whole garrison concentrated within the town - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete" by John Lothrop Motley