How Do You Spell ABAD?
Correct spelling for the English word "Abad" is [ɐbˈad], [ɐbˈad], [ɐ_b_ˈa_d]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABAD
- In 1798 he resolved to reform the mode of proceeding in the holy office and intended to take advantage of a memorial which I had composed in 1794 according to the orders of the inquisitor general Abad y la Sierra but from a secret court intrigue he was denounced to the Inquisition as a Jansenist and an enemy to the tribunal - "The History of the Inquisition of Spain from the Time of its Establishment to the Reign of Ferdinand VII." by Juan Antonio Llorente
- At 9 35 a sudden cloud of smoke green and white against the stormy sky completely hid the Olympia a shell screamed across two miles of turbulent water and burst near the Spanish fort at Milate San Antonio de Abad - "Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom" by Trumbull White
- They have a number of sarcastic proverbs on the tenacious gripe of the abad avariento the avaricious priest who having eaten the olio offered claims the dish - "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3)" by Isaac Disraeli
- Beth was in different countries expressed Bat Bad Abad - "A New System; or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology. Volume I." by Jacob Bryant
- During the progress of this affair Don Manuel Abad y la Sierra the brother of Don Augustin was made inquisitor general and the inquisitors were afraid to carry it on - "The History of the Inquisition of Spain from the Time of its Establishment to the Reign of Ferdinand VII." by Juan Antonio Llorente