How Do You Spell ABASHMENT?
Correct spelling for the English word "abashment" is [ɐbˈaʃmənt], [ɐbˈaʃmənt], [ɐ_b_ˈa_ʃ_m_ə_n_t]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABASHMENT
Below is the list of 35 misspellings for the word "abashment". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ABASHMENT
- The usual Drove of Prominent Citizens who had come down to see that the Train got in and out all right backed away from the Educated Youth and Chewed their Tobacco in Shame and Abashment - "Fables in Slang" by George Ade
- Bennietod pale and manifestly weak grinned cheerfully and fumbled in sudden abashment at an amazing checked Ascot which he had derived from unknown sources - "Romance Island" by Zona Gale
- The tone was puzzled rather tan harsh yet Elsie shrank back in sudden abashment - "Polly of the Hospital Staff" by Emma C. Dowd
- Now as the entertainment proceeded I fell into the dumps with increasing abashment and mortification to see everyone around me ay even the women and the tenderest juveniles - "Baboo Jabberjee, B.A." by F. Anstey
- A young man with a record clean enough to permit him to look an accusative world in the face without abashment one would say - "A Romance in Transit" by Francis Lynde