How Do You Spell ABATEMENTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "abatements" is [ɐbˈe͡ɪtmənts], [ɐbˈeɪtmənts], [ɐ_b_ˈeɪ_t_m_ə_n_t_s]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABATEMENTS
- Then came in rugged hand and gnarled shape urgent entreaties for abatements and allowances pathetic pictures of failing crops sickness and sorrow - "The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. II (of II)" by Charles James Lever
- It was necessary therefore to set up a body to establish the bill of claim to fix the mode of payment and to approve necessary abatements and delays - "The Economic Consequences of the Peace" by John Maynard Keynes
- His literary skill was of the most mechanical kind but at the close of 1709 when hopes of peace had been raised only to be disappointed and the country was suffering from the distress of a prolonged war people were more in a mood to listen to a preacher who disdained to check the sweep of his rhetoric by qualifications or abatements and luxuriated in denouncing the Queen's Ministers from the pulpit under scriptural allegories - "Daniel Defoe" by William Minto
- Perhaps if it were not for this and for one or two other slight abatements from its complete felicity the tuliped garden with its lilac breath its come pansies and its coming pinks would be too like that one when the first he and she felt the heavenly surprise of their new kisses - "Doctor Cupid" by Rhoda Broughton
- And the side chambers were in three stories one above another and thirty in each story and there were abatements all around the walls of the temple that the side chambers might be fastened to them and not to the walls of the temple - "The Makers and Teachers of Judaism" by Charles Foster Kent