How Do You Spell ABATTOIR?
Correct spelling for the English word "abattoir" is [ˈabɐtwˌɑː], [ˈabɐtwˌɑː], [ˈa_b_ɐ_t_w_ˌɑː]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABATTOIR
Below is the list of 22 misspellings for the word "abattoir". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ABATTOIR
- This is hardly arctic weather and our abattoir don't include a cold storage plant - "Into the Primitive" by Robert Ames Bennet
- And soon as he had breath to swear the Knight right roundly swore That straight he'd put down Smithfield and set up an abattoir - "Gossip in the First Decade of Victoria's Reign" by John Ashton
- Across the biology of life as if to shut out the loathsome facts of an abattoir a curtain of dreadful portent was drawn before Lilly's clear eyes - "Star-Dust A Story of an American Girl" by Fannie Hurst
- On the present occasion he made the situation of the Abattoir d'Ivry an excuse for not turning up the river by the wall - "Recollections of Europe" by J. Fenimore Cooper
- Accordingly on June 1st the new abattoir was opened - "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands" by Hermann Hagedorn