How Do You Spell ABATTOIRS?
Correct spelling for the English word "Abattoirs" is [ˈabɐtwˌɑːz], [ˈabɐtwˌɑːz], [ˈa_b_ɐ_t_w_ˌɑː_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABATTOIRS
Below is the list of 16 misspellings for the word "abattoirs". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ABATTOIRS
- Ah madame but you should hear them in their own clubs where the ladies and gentlemen of the gutters the barriers and the abattoirs discuss 'individual property ' 'the tyranny of capital ' and similar subjects which no doubt they are peculiarly fitted to discuss - "The Maids of Paradise" by Robert W. (Robert William) Chambers
- An enormous steer was held in check by ropes and surrounded by murderous giants from the abattoirs Gambrinus smiled down from a proud height of kegs on men that bottled beer below - "The Main Chance" by Meredith Nicholson
- The reason for its existence may be looked for in the feeding of pigs with skim milk buttermilk and whey from creameries with the offal of the abattoirs with the household refuse generally and behind tuberculous cattle - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle" by U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler
- These abattoirs are slaughter houses that Napoleon caused to be built near the walls in some places within and in others without them according to the different localities - "Recollections of Europe" by J. Fenimore Cooper
- Municipalities own and manage waterworks gasworks tramways telephones electric lighting markets baths piers docks parks farms dwelling houses abattoirs cemeteries crematoriums libraries schools art galleries hotels dairies colleges and technical schools - "Britain for the British" by Robert Blatchford