How Do You Spell ABBREVIATING?
Correct spelling for the English word "Abbreviating" is [ɐbɹˈiːvɪˌe͡ɪtɪŋ], [ɐbɹˈiːvɪˌeɪtɪŋ], [ɐ_b_ɹ_ˈiː_v_ɪ__ˌeɪ_t_ɪ_ŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABBREVIATING
Below is the list of 33 misspellings for the word "abbreviating". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ABBREVIATING
- Apropos of du Maurier's early homes Sir Francis Burnand in his Records and Reminiscences tells an amusing story which whilst of necessity abbreviating we shall try to give as nearly as possible in his own words - "George Du Maurier, the Satirist of the Victorians" by T. Martin Wood
- Morning sir said Silence abbreviating the good - "The May Flower, and Miscellaneous Writings" by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- It is better to avoid abbreviating any but the longer names of states - "Practical Grammar and Composition" by Thomas Wood
- The question usually discussed is whether patients have the right to shorten their own existence and then also whether their physician might have the right or even as some people say the duty to lessen human suffering by abbreviating existence for such incurable cases - "Psychotherapy" by James J. Walsh
- Being in some parts rather tediously minute upon matters of trifling interest some freedom has been used in abbreviating its redundancies - "A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Vol. VIII." by Robert Kerr