How Do You Spell ABBS?
Correct spelling for the English word "ABBS" is [ˈabz], [ˈabz], [ˈa_b_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for ABBS
- By the marriage of an ancestor of Logan's with an heiress of the family of Hume he acquired the fortress and lands of Fastcastle near St Abbs on the Berwickshire coast - "James VI and the Gowrie Mystery" by Andrew Lang
- If ye gang to St Abbs the morn ye may hear if she be there and at any rate get the dole - "The Caged Lion" by Charlotte M. Yonge
- G 's maid has a letter from St Abbs from her mother who is anxious about her for she says There's an awfu' heavy sea running at the Head - "From Edinburgh to India & Burmah" by William G. Burn Murdoch
- Lilias was to be conducted before daybreak to the monastery of St Abbs about six miles off whence she could be summoned at any time to be with her uncle in Coldingham and Malcolm was to set off at daybreak with the captive knight whose return to England could no longer be delayed - "The Caged Lion" by Charlotte M. Yonge
- As the nunnery of St Abbs has gone bodily into the sea I have been the less constrained by the inconvenient action of fact upon fiction - "The Caged Lion" by Charlotte M. Yonge