How Do You Spell ABD?
Correct spelling for the English word "abd" is [ ˈabd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for ABD
- Copied from the tomb of Neferhotep to Abd el- Qurnah. - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers" by Georg Ebers
- Abd el Muttaleb, grandfather of Mohammed, sacrificed 100 animals to ransom the life of his son, forfeited by a rash vow, and from that time the greater became the legal number. - "First Footsteps in East Africa or, an Exploration of Harar" by Richard F. Burton
- The alleged object of the money to be raised, is for the expenses of the troops who went in pursuit of the Arabs of the son of Abd el- Geleel in the past summer. - "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846" by James Richardson
- Those monks who have written the history of the patriarchs have therefore painted Abd Allah in even blacker colours than they did his predecessor. - "History Of Egypt From 330 B.C. To The Present Time, Volume 11 (of 12)" by S. Rappoport
- Caroline pets Madame de Fischtaminel with all the tenderness that the African army is now bestowing upon Abd el- Kader: she is as solicitous in her behalf as a physician is anxious to avoid curing a rich hypochondriac. - "The Petty Troubles of Married Life, Complete" by Honore de Balzac