How Do You Spell ABD?
Correct spelling for the English word "ABD" is [ˈabd], [ˈabd], [ˈa_b_d]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for ABD
- Copied from the tomb of Neferhotep to Abd el Qurnah - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers" by Georg Ebers
- Abd el Muttaleb grandfather of Mohammed sacrificed 100 animals to ransom the life of his son forfeited by a rash vow and from that time the greater became the legal number - "First Footsteps in East Africa or, an Exploration of Harar" by Richard F. Burton
- The alleged object of the money to be raised is for the expenses of the troops who went in pursuit of the Arabs of the son of Abd el Geleel in the past summer - "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846" by James Richardson
- Those monks who have written the history of the patriarchs have therefore painted Abd Allah in even blacker colours than they did his predecessor - "History Of Egypt From 330 B.C. To The Present Time, Volume 11 (of 12)" by S. Rappoport
- Caroline pets Madame de Fischtaminel with all the tenderness that the African army is now bestowing upon Abd el Kader she is as solicitous in her behalf as a physician is anxious to avoid curing a rich hypochondriac - "The Petty Troubles of Married Life, Complete" by Honore de Balzac