How Do You Spell ABDICATES?
Correct spelling for the English word "abdicates" is [ˈabdɪkˌe͡ɪts], [ˈabdɪkˌeɪts], [ˈa_b_d_ɪ_k_ˌeɪ_t_s]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABDICATES
Below is the list of 17 misspellings for the word "abdicates". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ABDICATES
- March 15 Czar Nicholas of Russia abdicates - "America's War for Humanity" by Thomas Herbert Russell
- He who revolts against a single one revolts against all and abdicates his whole nature - "Lectures on the true, the beautiful and the good" by Victor Cousin
- The Emperor of Austria abdicates his throne the Pope flees his dominions and a nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte is elected President of France - "Leading Articles on Various Subjects" by Hugh Miller
- This challenge not being allowed to be accepted by either party is followed in a day or two by the abdication of the old queen she leads out the swarm and her successor is liberated by her keepers who in her turn abdicates in favor of the next younger - "Composition-Rhetoric" by Stratton D. Brooks
- November 9 Kaiser Wilhelm abdicates and crown prince renounces throne - "America's War for Humanity" by Thomas Herbert Russell