How Do You Spell ABS?
Correct spelling for the English word "abs" is [ ˈabz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ABS
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "ABS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- abbs (68.4%)
- ab (21.1%)
- abds (10.5%)
Usage Examples for ABS
- Really, I was almost convinced that I had still the very a- b- abs of my business yet to learn, that I was rash and headstrong and all puffed up with strange, unseemly vanity; but just as I was sinking back to that " old- slipper" state of mind desired, a letter came from the well- known, thoroughly established actor- manager, Mr. Barney Macaulay, who offered me the leading business at Wood's Museum, Cincinnati, O. The salary was very small, but I understood perfectly that any manager would offer as small a salary to any actress whose first season it was as leading woman. - "Life on the Stage" by Clara Morris
- One o' them fotched- on women whoop ye fer missin' yo' a- b- abs - "The Heart Of The Hills" by John Fox, Jr.
- But I will never again force helpless little ones, of three or four years old, to learn the alphabet and the abs until every letter is interesting to them from the position it holds in some symbolic word. - "Guide to the Kindergarten and Intermediate Class and Moral Culture of Infancy." by Elizabeth P. Peabody Mary Mann
- 88 Abs the tribe of Arabs, so called, ii. - "Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al-Madinah & Meccah" by Sir Richard Francis Burton
- In going we passed by a school house where I learned my " A, B, Abs - "The Bark Covered House or, Back in the Woods Again" by William Nowlin