How Do You Spell ACIDS?
Correct spelling for the English word "acids" is [ ˈasɪdz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ACIDS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "ACIDS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- acis (10.0%)
- acides (90.0%)
Usage Examples for ACIDS
- The treatment which Deville proposes to carry out, and which he has carried out to a rather large extent in reference to the Russian supply of platinum, is one altogether by heat, having little or no reference to the use of acids - "The Chemical History Of A Candle" by Michael Faraday
- The writer is inclined to attribute this result to the effect of acids e. - "Darwin and Modern Science" by A.C. Seward and Others
- Enough experiments have been performed to answer the question whether some acids can be prepared from their salts. - "An Introduction to Chemical Science" by R.P. Williams
- Fruits contain acids and most cooked fruits require the addition of sugar to make them palatable. - "School and Home Cooking" by Carlotta C. Greer
- There has been exhaustion of the lime that was in a state available for union with the acids that constantly form in various ways. - "Crops and Methods for Soil Improvement" by Alva Agee