How Do You Spell AES?
Correct spelling for the English word "AES" is [ˈiːz], [ˈiːz], [ˈiː_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for AES
- As among the Romans aes meant both copper and money and among the French argent means both silver and money in general so in England gold is the common expression for coin of any substance - "Moon Lore" by Timothy Harley
- I knows a fellow whose right half is a genius but his other hemisphere belongs to a fool and I had a friend perfectly honest on one side but who was sent to jail because the other had an inveterate tendency in the direction of picking pockets and appropriating aes alienum - "The Complete PG Works of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr." by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (The Physician and Poet not the Jurist)
- So it is to such phantoms the ignorant apply the names of Side and Aes Side - "The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries" by W. Y. Evans Wentz
- These we cannot avoid except by using the names of the things as two Aes three Bees four Nines - "The Grammar of English Grammars" by Goold Brown
- Aes in the latter should be understood to mean what we would call the coin and not necessarily coin of low denomination - "The Satyricon, Complete" by Petronius Arbiter