How Do You Spell ANTIS?
Correct spelling for the English word "antis" is [ ˈantiz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ANTIS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "ANTIS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- anties (33.3%)
- anatis (66.7%)
Usage Examples for ANTIS
- They were called the " Antis - "Eighty Years And More; Reminiscences 1815-1897" by Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- The edifice represented in this bas- relief bears no little similarity to certain Egyptian temples and to the Greek temple in antis - "A History of Art in Chaldæa & Assyria, v. 1" by Georges Perrot Charles Chipiez
- The Antis who did not serve voluntarily, looked upon this demand as a mark of servitude. - "History of the Incas" by Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa
- She thought that women would get the vote some day, though they weren't ready for it yet, and hadn't joined the Antis because there was no use in being a drag on the wheels of progress, even if you didn't feel like helping. - "The Whirligig of Time" by Wayland Wells Williams
- You know they told us at head- quarters that this was one of the deadest places in England- a nest of Antis nothing doing here at all. - "Delia Blanchflower" by Mrs. Humphry Ward