How Do You Spell BABYLONIANS?
Correct spelling for the English word "Babylonians" is [b_ˌa_b_ɪ_l_ˈəʊ_n_iə_n_z], [bˌabɪlˈə͡ʊni͡ənz], [bˌabɪlˈəʊniənz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BABYLONIANS
Below is the list of 7 misspellings for the word "babylonians". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for BABYLONIANS
- Now to me manners and customs long since passed whether among the Babylonians or the Bactrians are as real or even more real than those among which I now live My thoughts have turned lately this way The more we know the more inadequacy we find in the world to satisfy us this is an old observation but I have made up my Mind never to take anything for granted but even to examine the truth of the commonest proverbs This however is true - "Letters of John Keats to His Family and Friends" by John Keats
- The so called Babylonian exile brought Hebrews and Babylonians once more side by side - "The Fundamental Principles of Old and New World Civilizations" by Zelia Nuttall
- Oh the famine the misery the horrors within Jerusalem when the Babylonians besieged the city for the second time - "Stories of the Prophets (Before the Exile)" by Isaac Landman
- The existence of the order and its high repute indicate a very advanced conception of the position of women among the early Babylonians - "History Of Egypt, ChaldÃ¦a, Syria, Babylonia, And Assyria In The Light Of Recent Discovery" by L.W. King and H.R. Hall
- This tradition is without historic foundation however there being no authority in the inscriptions for this assumption of the 360 division by the Babylonians who seem rather to have preferred 8 12 120 240 and 480 as their division numbers - "The Teaching of Geometry" by David Eugene Smith