How Do You Spell BACKBONE?
Correct spelling for the English word "backbone" is [b_ˈa_k_b_əʊ_n], [bˈakbə͡ʊn], [bˈakbəʊn]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BACKBONE
Below is the list of 30 misspellings for the word "backbone". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for BACKBONE
- You've got to keep a stiff backbone - "Frank Merriwell's Chums" by Burt L. Standish
- You've got the reputation an' the backbone an' they've got to listen to you - "The Trail Horde" by Charles Alden Seltzer
- The backbone of my pride had to be broken and it took that to do it - "The Desired Woman" by Will N. Harben
- They will furnish a backbone of precision to the room - "The House in Good Taste" by Elsie de Wolfe
- I Us college men got to be the first to show that the fighting backbone of the country is where it belongs - "Gaslight Sonatas" by Fannie Hurst