How Do You Spell BACKDROP?
Correct spelling for the English word "backdrop" is [b_ˈa_k_d_ɹ_ɒ_p], [bˈakdɹɒp], [bˈakdɹɒp]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BACKDROP
Below is the list of 18 misspellings for the word "backdrop". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for BACKDROP
- The shuffling of many feet the buzz of many muted voices from beyond the line of guards formed a backdrop of sound against the message he was receiving - "The Return of Tharn" by Howard Carleton Browne
- I told my agent none of this and quietly set to reworking the plot and backdrop to accommodate my change of heart - "Undo-a-Novel-By-Joe-Hutsko" by Hutsko, Joe
- Another time I accompanied Ashok to a client's office to put a pair of Dwarf Guramies in the fish tank and to fix a picture as a backdrop for the tank - "Free from School" by Rahul Alvares
- It's a regular backdrop of a country its scenery looks as though it belonged on a stage as though it should be painted on a curtain - "Roughing it De Luxe" by Irvin S. Cobb
- On nights clear jewelled treasures wink and gleam on darkened backdrop - "NATURAE" by Dom