How Do You Spell BACKFIRE?
Correct spelling for the English word "backfire" is [b_ˈa_k_f_aɪə], [bˈakfa͡ɪ͡ə], [bˈakfaɪə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BACKFIRE
Below is the list of 40 misspellings for the word "backfire". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for BACKFIRE
- His motor boats do nearly everything backfire and fail to spark and clog up and blow up and break down and smash up and drift ashore and drift out from shore and have the asthma and the heaves and impediments of speech but he has never yet owned one that could be depended upon to do the two things I have just mentioned - "Cobb's Bill-of-Fare" by Irvin Shrewsbury Cobb
- The chivalry of finance did not permit of a revelation that Mr Grannis and his buccaneers were behind the Automatic but it was possible to direct and strengthen the backfire which the Era and other conservative newspapers had already begun - "The Complete PG Edition of The Works of Winston Churchill" by Winston Churchill
- Of course if the idea should backfire then Gunderson would remember quickly enough where it had originated - "Eight Keys to Eden" by Mark Irvin Clifton
- And as the colonel's son began to count from the wagon wheel he walked slowly past the teams and smudges and across a strip of backfire beyond to the high dry grass where he lay on his back for the rest of the evening looking sadly up at the stars - "The Biography of a Prairie Girl" by Eleanor Gates
- Just as the girls were convinced that they must walk there was an explosive backfire and then the car began to quiver with its familiar motion - "The Clock Strikes Thirteen" by Mildred A. Wirt