How Do You Spell BACKLASH?
Correct spelling for the English word "backlash" is [b_ˈa_k_l_a_ʃ], [bˈaklaʃ], [bˈaklaʃ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BACKLASH
Below is the list of 25 misspellings for the word "backlash". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for BACKLASH
- When the motion of the driver is reversed the follower will stand still until the backlash is taken up when the motion will go on with a perfectly constant velocity ratio as before - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose
- But he was sure of its source it had not been any backlash of the Red caller - "The Defiant Agents" by Andre Alice Norton
- With Nixon's election black and white radicals felt that the white and conservative backlash had taken over the Establishment and that official repression was bound to follow - "The Black Experience in America The Immigrant Heritage of America" by Norman Coombs
- What a backlash that was - "The Players" by Everett B. Cole
- The worm teeth fit closely to the worm wheel teeth and backlash or play is prevented by means of the spring bearing shown at D the spiral springs forcing the worm teeth into the worm wheel teeth - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose