How Do You Spell BAILS?
Correct spelling for the English word "bails" is [ bˈe͡ɪlz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BAILS
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "BAILS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- bais (50.0%)
- bils (37.5%)
- balss (12.5%)
Usage Examples for BAILS
- Unless somebody bails him out the poor ranger will have to go to jail." - "They of the High Trails" by Hamlin Garland
- Heedless of these familiar cheers- for lately this has been a daily performance- Wyndham saves his honour at two seconds to six, the identical moment when Forbes's last ball sends the Templeton bails flying high over long- stop's head, and Willoughby is proclaimed winner of the match by one innings and three runs. - "The Willoughby Captains" by Talbot Baines Reed
- Then she has the privilege of attending any subsequent Drawing- room, and is eligible to invitations to the court bails and royal concerts, etc. - "Manners and Social Usages" by Mrs. John M. E. W. Sherwood
- And though bushmen do not believe much in a far- off Government- even though they say when protesting against a bad Land Law, " And your Petitioners will ever Pray," and all that kind of yabber- yabber- they give its representative the lazy side of the fire and a fig of the best tobacco when he bails up a camp as the Cadi did ours. - "Cumner & South Sea Folk, Complete" by Gilbert Parker
- But the next ball is too much for a young hand, and his bails fly different ways. - "Tom Brown's School Days" by Thomas Hughes