How Do You Spell BATES?
Correct spelling for the English word "bates" is [ bˈe͡ɪts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BATES
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "BATES". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- bgates (100.0%)
Usage Examples for BATES
- Then he looked up Chief Justice Bassio Bates in the latest " Who's Who," gathered a few facts regarding him from that useful volume, and called on Judge Orley Morvis. - "Philo Gubb Correspondence-School Detective" by Ellis Parker Butler
- Let Bates hunt it up- he'd better take a torch. - "The Monk of Hambleton" by Armstrong Livingston
- Bates give me a chair. - "The House of a Thousand Candles" by Meredith Nicholson
- Ambrose was no fighter, but in defence of the bag that was to purchase a treat for little Aldonza, he clenched his fists, and bade George Bates come and take them if he would. - "The Armourer's Prentices" by Charlotte Mary Yonge
- Reviewing Burton's career, Mr. Alfred Bates Richards says: He has done more than any other six men, and is one of the best, noblest and truest that breathes. - "The Life of Sir Richard Burton" by Thomas Wright