How Do You Spell BENS?
Correct spelling for the English word "bens" is [ bˈɛnz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for BENS
- How many hats, and 'upper Bens ' and new coats, How many wretched duckings hast thou saved me Well- I have done- but must be still indebted To my umbrella! - "My Life as an Author" by Martin Farquhar Tupper
- I takes the brat cause it air Bens I luves yer and Satisfied. - "Tess of the Storm Country" by Grace Miller White
- Thirty men, from twenty towns, Sires and grandsires with silvered crowns,- Thirty school- boys all in a row,- Bens and Georges and Bill and Joe. - "The Poetical Works of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Vol. 5 Poems Of The Class Of '29 (1851-1889)" by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- It felt inexpressibly delightful to be once more out in the open- out under the wide sweep of the sky; rid of the choke of narrow streets; exempt of bens mails, and telegrams, and free of him who knocks, enters, and sits- and sits- and sits. - "The Underdog" by F. Hopkinson Smith
- A girl was singing now- one of those faces that Gyp always admired, reddish- gold hair, blue eyes- the very antithesis of herself- and the song was " The Bens of Jura," that strange outpouring from a heart broken by love: " And my heart reft of its own sun-" Tears rose in her eyes, and the shiver of some very deep response passed through her. - "Beyond" by John Galsworthy