How Do You Spell BIOS?
Correct spelling for the English word "bios" is [ bˈa͡ɪə͡ʊz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BIOS
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "BIOS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- ios (53.8%)
- bos (23.1%)
- biso (23.1%)
Usage Examples for BIOS
- By this method she confirmed Williams' view that the " bios of Wildier was apparently identical with vitamine " B" and that most yeasts require this vitamine for their growth. - "The Vitamine Manual" by Walter H. Eddy
- It is formed from two Greek words, " bios meaning life, and " graphein," meaning to write: life- writing. - "American Men of Action" by Burton E. Stevenson
- I Oriental L. Vita Italic, Bios Greek, Vie French. - "The American Nations, Vol. I." by C. S. Rafinesque
- He did not attempt at the time to identify the nature of this stimulatory substance, but since it was derived from living organisms, he called it " Bios - "The Vitamine Manual" by Walter H. Eddy
- In 1919 Roger Williams working in Chicago University was struck with the bearing of Wildier's work on the vitamine hypothesis and formed the theory that Wildier's " bios might be the water- soluble vitamine " B." He proceeded to test out this theory and demonstrated that extracts of substances rich in the " B" vitamine had a marked effect on the stimulation of yeast growth. - "The Vitamine Manual" by Walter H. Eddy