How Do You Spell BOIS?
Correct spelling for the English word "bois" is [ bˈɔ͡ɪz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for BOIS
- Towards four o'clock, as we were talking over my travels and our designs, she took a fancy to walk in the Bois du Boulogne. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons" by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- Chiefly in the months of July and August the tree called bois immortel, very common in Demerara, bears abundance of red blossom, which stays on the tree some weeks; then it is that most of the different species of humming- birds are very plentiful. - "Wanderings in South America" by Charles Waterton
- Of course, she had heard the name at Mallard Bois - "The Story of Louie" by Oliver Onions
- The newspapers announced the return of M. le Baron de Nucingen from a journey to Belgium; he had been arranging, it was said, with a well- known Belgian firm to resume the working of some coal- pits in the Bois de Bossut. - "The Firm of Nucingen" by Honore de Balzac
- He spoke as if on their way from the hotel he hadn't touched upon the pleasant vision of a little turn in the Bois - "The Reverberator" by Henry James