How Do You Spell BOMBS?
Correct spelling for the English word "bombs" is [ bˈɒmz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BOMBS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "BOMBS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- boms (66.7%)
- bobms (33.3%)
Usage Examples for BOMBS
- They simply went on over the parapet into the enemy's trench for a few minutes and killed with their bombs about a dozen Germans, and brought in as prisoners those who were left wounded. - "Letters from France" by C. E. W. Bean
- It was, therefore, proposed that one or two others should be stationed along the route of the procession with bombs ready if Simard failed. - "The Triumphs of Eugène Valmont" by Robert Barr
- Experiments were made, and engineers learned, with surprising rapidity, to cast the bombs with great accuracy from any desired height. - "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World" by James Cowan
- He carries two or three Mills bombs and a pistol, but not for use except in extreme emergency. - "A Yankee in the Trenches" by R. Derby Holmes
- After three extra bombs had come in the Germans turned their guns from the town, and we had our lunch at our ease. - "The Martial Adventures of Henry and Me" by William Allen White