How Do You Spell BOREALIS?
Correct spelling for the English word "borealis" is [ bˌɔːɹɪˈalɪs] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for BOREALIS
- What they saw, however, was little like the pale, cold rays of the aurora borealis - "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance" by Harriet Martineau
- The nights were often illuminated by the aurora borealis which might be seen forming an arch of soft and lovely brightness over the lake to the north and north- eastern portions of the horizon, or shooting upwards, in ever- varying shafts of greenish light, now hiding, now revealing the stars, which shone with softened radiance through the silvery veil that dimmed their beauty. - "Lost in the Backwoods" by Catherine Parr Traill
- The sky was bright with the aurora borealis that would pale before the sun. - "A Man to His Mate" by J. Allan Dunn
- And once he saw a glorious dance of the aurora borealis in all the colours of a faint rainbow. - "Gutta-Percha Willie" by George MacDonald
- Jackson, one of the men friends, and of a frivolous disposition, said that he also could admire a landscape, but he would rather look at the beautiful eyes of a girl he knew than at the Lakes of Killarney, with a full moon, a setting sun, and the aurora borealis for a background. - "The Nature Faker" by Richard Harding Davis