How Do You Spell BOREALIS?
Correct spelling for the English word "BOREALIS" is [b_ˈɔː_ɹ_iː_l_ˌɪ_z], [bˈɔːɹiːlˌɪz], [bˈɔːɹiːlˌɪz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for BOREALIS
- What they saw however was little like the pale cold rays of the aurora borealis - "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance" by Harriet Martineau
- The nights were often illuminated by the aurora borealis which might be seen forming an arch of soft and lovely brightness over the lake to the north and north eastern portions of the horizon or shooting upwards in ever varying shafts of greenish light now hiding now revealing the stars which shone with softened radiance through the silvery veil that dimmed their beauty - "Lost in the Backwoods" by Catherine Parr Traill
- The sky was bright with the aurora borealis that would pale before the sun - "A Man to His Mate" by J. Allan Dunn
- And once he saw a glorious dance of the aurora borealis in all the colours of a faint rainbow - "Gutta-Percha Willie" by George MacDonald
- Jackson one of the men friends and of a frivolous disposition said that he also could admire a landscape but he would rather look at the beautiful eyes of a girl he knew than at the Lakes of Killarney with a full moon a setting sun and the aurora borealis for a background - "The Nature Faker" by Richard Harding Davis