How Do You Spell BOSPHORUS?
Correct spelling for the English word "BOSPHORUS" is [b_ˈɒ_s_f_ɔː_ɹ_ə_s], [bˈɒsfɔːɹəs], [bˈɒsfɔːɹəs]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for BOSPHORUS
- The latter is an arrangement wholly independent of the treaty of Adrianople and the former derives much value not only from the increased security which under any circumstances it would give to the right in question but from the fact ascertained in the course of the negotiation that by the construction put upon that treaty by Turkey the article relating to the passage of the Bosphorus is confined to nations having treaties with the Porte - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present" by Various
- They discovered that these words meant that an earlier band of emigrants had passed by the wonderful harbor of the present city of Constantinople and had settled instead on the other shore of the Bosphorus - "Introductory American History" by Henry Eldridge Bourne Elbert Jay Benton
- Faintly it travels again from afar And as an echo of terror past The wind from the Bosphorus bears the last Yanghin var - "Poems of West & East" by Vita Sackville-West
- The transports having performed their duty sailed away for the Bosphorus while the ships of war moved slowly on abreast of the army down the coast coming to an anchor when it halted and again weighing when it recommenced its march the larger ones for want of water being obliged to keep at some distance out while the steamers stood in with the lead going as close as possible somewhat in advance of the army throwing in their shot and shells whenever they caught sight of any troops at which to fire - "The Three Commanders" by W.H.G. Kingston
- The contest was waged from the Baltic to the Bosphorus - "Parish Papers" by Norman Macleod