How Do You Spell BOWE?
Correct spelling for the English word "BOWE" is [b_ˈəʊ], [bˈə͡ʊ], [bˈəʊ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for BOWE
- And when we were come almost home we saw the old woman hanging upon a bow of a Cipresse tree then one of them cut downe the bowe whereon shee hanged and cast her into the bottome of a great ditch after this they bound the maiden and fell greedily to their victuals which the miserable old woman had prepared for them - "The Golden Asse" by Lucius Apuleius
- Cupid helpe me now Lend to me thy bowe To wound her that wounded me - "Minor Poems of Michael Drayton" by Michael Drayton
- I hardly yet haue learn'd To insinuate flatter bowe and bend my Knee - "Richard-II" by Shakespeare, William
- They bowe downe their owne bodies and drawe in theyre owne strides after the measure of the infantes - "The Education of Children" by Desiderius Erasmus
- Sterne's truly hideous French French at which even Stratford atte Bowe would have stood aghast is in itself sufficient evidence of a natural insensibility to grammatical accuracy - "Sterne" by H.D. Traill