How Do You Spell BUCCANEERS?
Correct spelling for the English word "buccaneers" is [ bˌʌkɐnˈi͡əz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for buccaneers
Below is the list of 20 misspellings for the word "buccaneers". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for buccaneers
- Then to drinking they went again, pleasing themselves with the barbarous expedition which they resolved to undertake as soon as they could get a ship proper to carry them into the West Indies, intending there to follow the example the buccaneers had set them, and rob and plunder all who fell into their hands. - "Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences" by Arthur L. Hayward
- Salt was a scarce commodity in those times, but it could be obtained in some of the smaller islands, notably Tortuga, which for that reason became the resort of the buccaneers - "The West Indies and the Spanish Main " by James Rodway
- But by far the greater part of the silver consisted of bullion from the mines of South America, which the English buccaneers who were little better than pirates- had taken from the Spaniards and brought to Massachusetts. - "Journeys Through Bookland Volume Four" by Charles H. Sylvester
- The buccaneers could not yet recover from their bewilderment. - "The Corsair King" by MÃ³r JÃ³kai
- The first travellers whose journals or memoirs have been preserved were ambassadors; then came the adventurer of whom you speak; and it is remarkable that two centuries afterwards we should find men of the same stamp among the buccaneers who recorded in like manner with faithful dilligence whatever they had opportunity of observing in their wild and nefarious course of life. - "Colloquies on Society" by Robert Southey