How Do You Spell BURNET?
Correct spelling for the English word "Burnet" is [b_ˈɜː_n_ɪ_t], [bˈɜːnɪt], [bˈɜːnɪt]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for BURNET
- Such is the miniature of the queen which Burnet offers we see nothing but her tranquillity her simplicity and her carelessness amidst the important transactions passing under her eye but I lift the curtain from a larger picture - "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3)" by Isaac Disraeli
- When in a financial debate the arrangements of the household of the Duke of Gloucester were incidentally mentioned one or two members took the opportunity of throwing reflections on Burnet - "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 5 (of 5)" by Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Burnet in his History of My Own Times says of Queen Anne that she is easy of access and hears everything very gently but opens herself to so few and is so cold and general in her answers that people soon find that the chief application is to be made to her ministers and favorites who in their turns have an entire credit and full power with her - "A History of the Four Georges, Volume I (of 4)" by Justin McCarthy
- 25 Burnet Saxifrage - "Herbal Simples Approved for Modern Uses of Cure" by William Thomas Fernie
- This fact may be ignored but it forms an important and salient feature in its early history and what is remarkable the very first missionary sent out by the Society to the American colonies was a native of Aberdeen George Keith a school companion of the celebrated Gilbert Burnet Bishop of Salisbury whom he mentions in his History of his own Time - "Report Of Commemorative Services With The Sermons And Addresses At The Seabury Centenary, 1883-1885." by Diocese Of Connecticut