How Do You Spell BURS?
Correct spelling for the English word "burs" is [ bˈɜːz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BURS
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "BURS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- burts (100.0%)
Usage Examples for BURS
- At other times he would pick the long thorns out of the pads of his friends, for wolves suffer terribly from thorns and burs in their coats. - "The Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling
- The consequence was that hating each other, they nevertheless stuck together like burs - "The Huntress" by Hulbert Footner
- Hereupon Burs Bey was sore afraid; thus he had cast the victorious Captain into prison, and many feared for Tagri that his life would not be spared. - "Margery, Volume 7." by Georg Ebers
- Evil burs stick fast. - "Lady Anna" by Anthony Trollope
- And we all laughed when we saw Mrs. Bonny's steed at a little distance, for the shaggy old creature was covered with mud, pine- needles, and dead leaves, with half the last year's burdock- burs in all Deephaven snarled into his mane and tail and sprinkled over his fur, which looked nearly as long as a buffalo's. - "Deephaven and Selected Stories & Sketches" by Sarah Orne Jewett