How Do You Spell CACOPHONY?
Correct spelling for the English word "cacophony" is [k_ɐ_k_ˈɒ_f_ə_n_ˌɪ], [kɐkˈɒfənˌɪ], [kɐkˈɒfənˌɪ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CACOPHONY
Below is the list of 15 misspellings for the word "cacophony". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for CACOPHONY
- I have had them out in a meadow for hours baked and drenched to get them rid of their native cacophony - "The Short Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009
- The night reechoed with the harsh cacophony of their cries - "The Bluff of the Hawk" by Anthony Gilmore
- There were rubber insets in her shoes which sagged so that her ankles seemed actually to touch the floor from the climbing upstairs and downstairs on her missionary treadmill of the cracked slop jar the fly in the milk the too tepid shaving water the bathroom monopoly the infant cacophony of midnight colic salt on the sleety sidewalk the pasted handkerchief against a front window pane ice water - "Star-Dust A Story of an American Girl" by Fannie Hurst
- And then a new sound was added to the hideous cacophony - "Monsoons of Death" by Gerald Vance
- Spurred onward by a storm of curses Stryker's voice chanting infuriated cacophony with Calendar's Kirkwood leapt up the companionway even as the second tremendous kick threatened to shatter the panels - "The Black Bag" by Louis Joseph Vance