How Do You Spell CALIF?
Correct spelling for the English word "calif" is [ kˈalɪf] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CALIF
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "CALIF". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- clif (7.1%)
- cali (92.9%)
Usage Examples for CALIF
- And the worst of it was, that the calif was now aware of his designs, and would be able, he knew, before the next season, to take effectual measures to defend himself. - "Genghis Khan, Makers of History Series" by Jacob Abbott
- He was rewarded for his prodigality by the following: R. P. McKeon, Mills Building, Sacramento, Calif - "The Long Chance" by Peter B. Kyne
- Mrs. Carmen London Glen Ellen, Calif - "The-Suffrage-Cook-Book" by Kleber, L. O., Mrs.
- So he became calif of Harvey. - "In the Heart of a Fool" by William Allen White
- Genghis Khan was well pleased to receive the proposals of the calif but he sent back word in reply that he could not at present engage in any hostile movement against the sultan on account of the treaty of peace and commerce which he had recently established with him. - "Genghis Khan, Makers of History Series" by Jacob Abbott