How Do You Spell CAMS?
Correct spelling for the English word "cams" is [ kˈamz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CAMS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "CAMS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- cames (58.3%)
- cms (41.7%)
Usage Examples for CAMS
- It cams to him after a little. - "Bad Hugh" by Mary Jane Holmes
- Suppose the work to be pushed through the rolls and to rest against the stop S, then when the cams C D meet it they will pull it through and reduce its thickness by compression towards the workman. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose
- If these levers are at liberty to move up and down, and if one or more projecting pieces, called cams are fixed on the axis opposite to the end of each lever, the action of the stream upon the wheels will keep up a perpetual succession of blows. - "On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures" by Charles Babbage
- A method of producing cams without a lathe especially adopted for the purpose is shown in Figs. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose
- We have in these engine cams considered the steam supply and point of cut- off only, and it is obvious that a second and separate cam would be required to operate the exhaust valves. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose