How Do You Spell CAPERS?
Correct spelling for the English word "capers" is [ kˈe͡ɪpəz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CAPERS
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "CAPERS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- capres (16.7%)
- cpaers (33.3%)
- kapers (50.0%)
Usage Examples for CAPERS
- He hugged the gaunt Lieutenant with genuine fervor of joy, while Oncle Jazon ran around them making a series of grotesque capers - "Alice of Old Vincennes" by Maurice Thompson
- Grim- visag'd War hath smooth'd his wrinkled front; And now, instead of mounting barbed steeds To fright the souls of fearful adversaries, He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber To the lascivious pleasing of a lute. - "Dramatic Technique" by George Pierce Baker
- This space is hilly, reddish, gravelly, and of middling quality, in olives, vines, corn, almonds, figs, and capers - "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson" by Thomas Jefferson
- " I beg your pardon, madam," he returned, with much more emphasis on madam than was at all necessary, " I beg your pardon, but I think she has cut the capers at least she dismissed me of her own accord." - "Homestead on the Hillside" by Mary Jane Holmes
- And it came to pass that the people of the North and the people of the West became seriously alarmed at the capers Mr. Beauregard and his men were cutting at Manassas. - "Siege of Washington, D.C." by F. Colburn Adams