How Do You Spell CARBO?
Correct spelling for the English word "CARBO" is [k_ˈɑː_b_əʊ], [kˈɑːbə͡ʊ], [kˈɑːbəʊ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CARBO
- On this occasion it is said Carbo observed that he had to contend in Sulla both with a lion and a fox but the fox gave him most trouble - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume II" by Aubrey Stewart & George Long
- He accused C Carbo though a man of great Eloquence when he was but a youth and displayed his talents in such a manner that they were not only applauded but admired by every body - "Cicero's Brutus or History of Famous Orators; also His Orator, or Accomplished Speaker." by Cicero
- There is not extant any dedicatory epistle to Sulla Marius or Carbo nor to their wives or their mistresses - "A Philosophical Dictionary, Volume 5 (of 10) From "The Works of Voltaire - A Contemporary Version"" by François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire) Commentator: John Morley Tobias Smollett H.G. Leigh
- The consul Papirius Carbo despatched in all haste to defend the frontier bade them in the name of the Roman people to withdraw - "A Popular History of France From The Earliest Times Volume I. of VI." by Francois Pierre Guillaume Guizot
- Papinus Carbo was consul for the third time with the younger Marius - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume II" by Aubrey Stewart & George Long