How Do You Spell CAROLS?
Correct spelling for the English word "carols" is [ kˈaɹə͡lz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CAROLS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "CAROLS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- carls (33.3%)
- carrols (66.7%)
Usage Examples for CAROLS
- Steevens tells us that the pious chansons were a kind of Christmas carols containing some scriptural history thrown into loose rhymes, and sung about the streets. - "Hamlet" by William Shakespeare
- Some of the carols of the fifteenth century give a foretaste of the Elizabethan song. - "Halleck's New English Literature" by Reuben P. Halleck
- Fragments of song the old man sang, and carols of Christmas, Such as at home, in the olden time, his fathers before him Sang in their Norman orchards and bright Burgundian vineyards. - "The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dan's daughters were a hit playing a fiddle and accordion medley of dance tunes and Christmas carols - "O+F" by John Moncure Wetterau
- Christmas carols had been sung to them by nurses and mothers and grandmothers; the Christmas holly spoke to them from every berry and prickly leaf, full of dearest household memories. - "Betty's Bright Idea; Deacon Pitkin's Farm; and The First Christmas of New England" by Harriet Beecher Stowe