How Do You Spell CARPE?
Correct spelling for the English word "carpe" is [ kˈɑːp] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for CARPE
- In the mountains, as we are thus again shown, carpe diem is a wise blazon. - "A Midsummer Drive Through The Pyrenees" by Edwin Asa Dix
- Laitances de Carpe en goguette a la Reine Pomare. - "A Little Dinner at Timmins's" by William Makepeace Thackeray
- Carpe diem should be our motto in these fleeting times, and, above all, progress, not retrogression. - "A Cotswold Village" by J. Arthur Gibbs
- This Turkish poet's maxim, it will be observed, was " enjoy the present day"- the carpe diem of Horace, the genial old pagan. - "Flowers from a Persian Garden and Other Papers" by W. A. Clouston
- 52, is all of curtesy loke ye carpe l. - "Early English Meals and Manners" by Various