How Do You Spell CEOS?
Correct spelling for the English word "CEOS" is [s_ɪ__ˈəʊ_z], [sɪˈə͡ʊz], [sɪˈəʊz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CEOS
- For it were ridiculous to think that Iulis a little part of Ceos which itself is no great island and Aegina which an Athenian once said ought to be removed like a small eye sore from the port of Piraeus should breed good actors and poets and yet should never be able to produce a just temperate wise and high minded man - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans" by Clough, Arthur Hugh
- I observed his vexation and feared that they would proceed to abuse and quarrelling so I said I heard that very argument used in the Lyceum yesterday by a wise man Prodicus of Ceos but the audience thought that he was talking mere nonsense and no one could be persuaded that he was speaking the truth - "Eryxias" by An Imitator of Plato
- He was well liked by the common people would salute every particular citizen by his own name and always show himself a just judge in questions of business between private men he said to Simonides the poet of Ceos who desired something of him when he was commander of the army that was not reasonable Simonides you would be no good poet if you wrote false measure nor should I be a good magistrate if for favor I made false law - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans" by Clough, Arthur Hugh
- In Massilia and on the island of Ceos a hemlock potion was offered in public by the magistrate to those who could give valid reasons for quitting this life - "Essays of Schopenhauer" by Arthur Schopenhauer
- There is Gorgias of Leontium and Prodicus of Ceos and Hippias of Elis who go the round of the cities and are able to persuade the young men to leave their own citizens by whom they might be taught for nothing and come to them whom they not only pay but are thankful if they may be allowed to pay them - "Apology Also known as "The Death of Socrates"" by Plato