How Do You Spell CERRO?
Correct spelling for the English word "cerro" is [ sˈɛɹə͡ʊ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CERRO
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "CERRO". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- cero (100.0%)
Usage Examples for CERRO
- In the present case, as all the animals had to be requisitioned in the country, it was not till the middle of April that supplies and transport sufficient to warrant further movement had been accumulated; and meanwhile General Santa Anna, halting in the mountains, had occupied the pass of Cerro Gordo with 13, 000 men and 42 pieces of artillery. - "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War" by G. F. R. Henderson
- Dr. and Mrs. Howe and Mr. Parker are at the Cerro a pretty and cool place in the suburbs, but are coming in to Mrs. Almy's boarding- house, for the convenience of being in the city, and for nearness to friends, and the comforts of something like American or English housekeeping. - "To Cuba and Back" by Richard Henry Dana
- Much of the work would have to be performed at night, to keep it secret, and the Mexicans, behind their impassable entrenchments on the old Cerro Gordo pass, had no idea of the hidden plans of their enemies. - "Ahead of the Army" by W. O. Stoddard
- The commissioner did not reach the headquarters of the Army until after another brilliant victory had crowned our arms at Cerro Gordo. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present" by Various
- In three days a rough road was constructed by which guns could be brought to bear on the hill of Cerro Gordo, and infantry marched round to strike the Mexicans in rear. - "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War" by G. F. R. Henderson