How Do You Spell CHALKS?
Correct spelling for the English word "chalks" is [ t͡ʃˈɔːks] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CHALKS
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "CHALKS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- chaulk (100.0%)
Usage Examples for CHALKS
- At the end of my next sitting, when my mother and myself had risen to take leave of him, he said, " No, don't go yet,- stay a moment,- I want to show you something- if I can;" and he moved restlessly about, taking up and putting down his chalks and pencils, and standing, and sitting down again, as if unable to make up his mind to do what he wished. - "Records of a Girlhood" by Frances Ann Kemble
- It's chalks better than desert islands. - "The Hero of Garside School" by J. Harwood Panting
- Portraits After his death there were many portraits in chalks engraved, and modeled in wax. - "Haydn" by J. Cuthbert Hadden
- East and West are signs that somebody chalks up in front of us to fool such cowards as we are. - "Thoughts Out of Season (Part II)" by Friedrich Nietzsche
- He's chalks away superior to Malloring, if I know anything of faces- would never have turned poor Tryst out. - "The Freelands" by John Galsworthy