How Do You Spell CHINS?
Correct spelling for the English word "chins" is [ t͡ʃˈɪnz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CHINS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "CHINS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- chis (33.3%)
- chisl (66.7%)
Usage Examples for CHINS
- Two or three thousand men looked to him as their hereditary chieftain who alone could help them hold their chins high amid an overwhelming Hindoo population; his position was delicate, and he might have been excused for much hesitation, and even for a point- blank refusal to do what he might have preferred personally. - "Rung Ho!" by Talbot Mundy
- Their chins uplifted, their eyes defiant, their breasts bared. - "Legends of Vancouver" by E. Pauline Johnson
- Wall, that's the way I watched Howe's army sweepin' crosst the Jarsey marshes, and seed the desartin' little patriots, with their chins over their shoulders, skedaddlin' home'ards. - "Contemporary One-Act Plays Compiler: B. Roland Lewis" by Sir James M. Barrie George Middleton Althea Thurston Percy Mackaye Lady Augusta Gregor Eugene Pillot Anton Tchekov Bosworth Crocker Alfred Kreymborg Paul Greene Arthur Hopkins Paul Hervieu Jeannette Marks Oscar M. Wolff David Pinski Beulah Bornstead Herma
- Behind St. Joseph came the girls bearing lights, their heads covered with handkerchiefs knotted under their chins also reciting the rosary, but with less wrath than the boys. - "The Reign of Greed Complete English Version of 'El Filibusterismo'" by Jose Rizal
- So we painted two or three of our number with white clay and put on them birchen hats which we sewed up for the occasion; fastened a piece of fur to their chins for a beard and altered their costumes as much as lay within our power. - "Indian Boyhood" by [AKA Ohiyesa], Charles A. Eastman