How Do You Spell CHIRON?
Correct spelling for the English word "chiron" is [ kˈa͡ɪɹɒn] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for CHIRON
- Moreover now nor change of fodder serves, And subtlest cures but injure; then were foiled The masters, Chiron sprung from Phillyron, And Amythaon's son Melampus. - "The Georgics" by Virgil
- The Centaur Chiron Jason's tutor, was reputed the first to divide the Heavens upon the sphere of the Argonauts. - "Astronomy for Amateurs" by Camille Flammarion
- " Then, Mademoiselle Chiron before-" " No, no, monsieur, no!" - "The Hampstead Mystery" by John R. Watson
- His uncle Pelias had seized his father's kingdom, and Jason was borne away to the mountains by night and given, wrapped in a purple robe, to Chiron the Centaur. - "Medea of Euripedes" by Euripedes
- And then from between the trees he saw coming toward him the strangest of all beings, one who was half man and half horse; this was Chiron the centaur. - "The Golden Fleece and the Heroes who Lived Before Achilles" by Padraic Colum