How Do You Spell CIRCA?
Correct spelling for the English word "circa" is [ sˈɜːkə] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for CIRCA
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "CIRCA". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- cira (33.3%)
- c (16.7%)
- circ (50.0%)
Usage Examples for CIRCA
- Sabinos subegit; montes tres, Quirinalem, Viminalem, Esquilinum urbi adiunxit; fossas circa murum duxit. - "Selections from Viri Romae" by Charles François L'Homond
- Again, how does it happen, if seven bishops officially promulgated this indulgence in 1217, that St. Francis, after having related to Brother Leo his interview with the pope, said to him: Teneas secretum hoc usque circa mortem tuam; quia non habet locum adhuc. - "Life of St. Francis of Assisi" by Paul Sabatier
- 16. Yet he is said to be circa deos negligentior, c. - "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius" by Samuel Dill
- Et Aristoteles narrat, circa Epyrum calidas aquas scaturire, vnde locus Pyriphlegeton appellatur. - "The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation, v. 1, Northern Europe" by Richard Hakluyt
- 3. Circa thesauros colligendos insudavit, says Knighton apud X script. - "The History of the Knights Templars, the Temple Church, and the Temple" by Charles G. Addison