How Do You Spell COD?
Correct spelling for the English word "cod" is [ kˈɒd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for COD
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "COD". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- coud (50.0%)
- od (50.0%)
Usage Examples for COD
- The best medicines for a delicate child will be the wine of iron and cod liver oil. - "Advice to a Mother on the Management of her Children" by Pye Henry Chavasse
- It can eat boiled cod - "The Pleasures of Ignorance" by Robert Lynd
- In spring and fall this is a good cod ground. - "Fishing Grounds of the Gulf of Maine" by Walter H. Rich
- In the middle of December one of our Cambridge ornithologists went to Cape Cod on purpose to find them. - "The Foot-path Way" by Bradford Torrey
- Do you not see, doctor, that a fisherman's life is a brave one- better than any other: with a good boat under his feet and four or five dozen of cod fish at the end of his lines, a Norwegian fisherman need have no fear, nor be indebted to any one. - "The Waif of the "Cynthia"" by André Laurie and Jules Verne