How Do You Spell D'OEUVRES?
Correct spelling for the English word "d'oeuvres" is [d_ˈɜː_v_ɹ_ə_z], [dˈɜːvɹəz], [dˈɜːvɹəz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for D'OEUVRES
- How would you like some nice assorted hors d'oeuvres - "Perfect Behavior A Guide for Ladies and Gentlemen in all Social Crises" by Donald Ogden Stewart
- Matsuo Noda could eat us both for hors d'oeuvres - "The Samurai Strategy" by Thomas Hoover
- He thought he was making a lot of money but Tanya who could order a two hundred dollar bottle of Dom Perignon to have something to pass the time while the hors d'oeuvres were being whipped up at Nobu taught him he was just barely getting by - "Syndrome" by Thomas Hoover
- See here boy he said to the waiter who was placing the hors d'oeuvres on the table do you call that the right kind of a carafe for port wine - "The Song of Songs" by Hermann Sudermann
- I was under the table set with hors d'oeuvres in the sitting room - "The Secret of the Night" by Gaston Leroux