How Do You Spell DIGNITY?
Correct spelling for the English word "dignity" is [ dˈɪɡnɪti] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for dignity
Below is the list of 11 misspellings for the word "dignity". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- diginty (5.2%)
- dignitey (1.0%)
- dignesty (2.1%)
- dignety (8.3%)
- dignaty (34.4%)
- digity (2.1%)
- diginity (36.5%)
- dignty (3.1%)
- dignatiy (3.1%)
- digninty (2.1%)
- dignityof (2.1%)
Usage Examples for dignity
- The House of Lords was perfectly sound, and entirely impressed with the wisdom and dignity of the king's proceedings. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. V. (of 12)" by Edmund Burke
- " I believe so," said Lesbia, trying to keep her dignity - "Loyal to the School" by Angela Brazil
- " I'm Mrs Roy's nurse," replied Biddy, trembling a little, yet with some dignity - "A Pair of Clogs" by Amy Walton
- She was dark, tall, handsome, a woman of presence and of dignity - "Captain Dieppe" by Anthony Hope
- And I sez with a calm dignity Josiah, you are not a woman." - "Samantha at the World's Fair" by Marietta Holley