How Do You Spell EARNESTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "earnests" is [ˈɜːnəsts], [ˈɜːnəsts], [ˈɜː_n_ə_s_t_s]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for EARNESTS
Below is the list of 30 misspellings for the word "earnests". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for EARNESTS
- But the servants laying hold upon him and informing him really that the king had bestowed on him the house and furniture of a rich man lately deceased and that these were but the first fruits or earnests of greater riches and possessions that were to come he was persuaded at last with much difficulty to believe them - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans" by Clough, Arthur Hugh
- Already we perceive that man's universe is no fixed order and that the many ways in which he is able to apprehend it are earnests of a greater transfiguration a more profound contact with reality yet possible to him - "The Life of the Spirit and the Life of To-day" by Evelyn Underhill
- After receiving from her certain earnests of her promise I promised to stay on - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons" by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- He sends down His Spirit on them with gifts of language eloquence wisdom and healing as mere earnests and first fruits so they said of that prophecy that He would pour out His Spirit upon all flesh even upon slaves and handmaids - "Sermons on National Subjects" by Charles Kingsley
- And somehow it seems to me that now that you and I have both given such earnests of our good behavior such evidence that that side of life anyhow is effectually settled for us there is no reason remaining why we shouldn't correspond - "The Passionate Friends" by Herbert George Wells