How Do You Spell EARPHONE?
Correct spelling for the English word "earphone" is [ˈiə_f_əʊ_n], [ˈi͡əfə͡ʊn], [ˈiəfəʊn]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for EARPHONE
Below is the list of 37 misspellings for the word "earphone". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for EARPHONE
- His desk transmitter buzzed and Trigger took it on an earphone extension - "Legacy" by James H Schmitz
- The hand with the tiny earphone was always at the ear of the man on the screen so that he plainly did not speak one word without high authority - "The Machine That Saved The World" by William Fitzgerald Jenkins
- All I can hear in the earphone is a crackling noise - "The Electronic Mind Reader" by John Blaine
- He could hear the mumble of voices through the earphone but could make no sense out of it - "The Flaming Mountain" by Harold Leland Goodwin
- These are for the earphone - "The Radio Amateur's Hand Book" by A. Frederick Collins