How Do You Spell ELIXIR?
Correct spelling for the English word "elixir" is [ɪlˈɪksi͡ə], [ɪlˈɪksiə], [ɪ_l_ˈɪ_k_s_iə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ELIXIR
Below is the list of 35 misspellings for the word "elixir". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ELIXIR
- It might have been an elixir of life for it gave back the Abbey's youth and more than its youthful beauty - "The Heather-Moon" by C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson
- Lionel standing up and laying one hand on Vaura's head as it rested on the cushioned back of the sofa said I feel as if I had drank of the elixir of life you don't know how courageous I feel now that I have you both back when the difficulty is removed I shall begin to live - "A Heart-Song of To-day" by Annie Gregg Savigny
- I guess you haven't much use for anything of this kind but that elixir will make your cheeks bloom like peaches if you rub it in he informed her - "A Prairie Courtship" by Harold Bindloss
- Thus the Great Mother the giver of life to all mankind was faced with the dilemma that to provide the king with the elixir to restore his youth she had to slay mankind to take the life she herself had given to her own children - "The Evolution of the Dragon" by G. Elliot Smith
- Beads of perspiration stood on his forehead his eyes gleamed with excitement and he breathed heavily as he approached his son to try the power of the new elixir on him - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers" by Georg Ebers